Monday, April 30, 2012

Once upon a dream.

   Having weird dreams isn't a new thing for me. When I take melatonin they get extremely weird, and very vivid. Not too long ago I had one that actually sparked an interest for me. I've thought about it a few times over the past week. What if I could somehow bring a deceased family member back for 48 hours? No, the person would not resemble a zombie. He/she would come back just as they left, but in cases like my moms, the person would be able to be mobile. Able to do anything. However, at the end of the 48 hours, you would have to relive all of the pain you went through after losing your loved one, just like it was yesterday. Or you could opt out of that, and switch places with the loved one. They would go on living, and you would simply not exist on earth any longer. (told you they get weird)


   In my dream, I was given the opportunity. I took it. I decided the person of choice would be my father. He's been dead since I was 3. I don't remember anything about him at all. So, he was brought back. The first thing he wanted to do was see his 3 children. Not surprising. The 3 of us spent the first 24 hours talking with our dad. We went to visit his family. He looked just like the pictures I have seen of him. The next 20 hours we spent with he and our children. He got to meet his grand kids. As the time got closer to him leaving again, we set off to an open field. I knew I didn't want to take his place, and I'm sure he never would have asked that of me, if this scenario were ever possible in the first place. We spent the last few hours with the 4 of us just talking, crying and laughing. When it was time for him to go, it was easier than I thought. I was only 3 when he died and didn't have any clue what was happening. In my dream, I cried for a few minutes, but that was all. I don't know how I actually reacted when I was 3. I'm sure it went something like that. After I awakened, it was a little odd what just happened. I thought it was actually nice. My dreams are kind of awesome. 


   I assume many people would do the same thing I did. Make the choice to bring a loved one back, but not take their place. Then I thought about if it was one of my children, what would I do? I am almost positive I would have to take his/her place. Tough decision, but I would do it in a heart beat. 


   I always wonder what other people would do. Would they do the same as me, or just let it be? 




No comments:

Post a Comment